Friday, June 12, 2009

Author's Note

At this time, I have completed the outline drafts and I am in the finishing stages of my film adaptation proposal. I have finished typing it, but still need to go over it to finalize the details and correct any errors. I am very excited about my piece and the story on which I have chosen for it to be based. The context, for which my proposal is based, is the story of "A Rose for Emily." After reading this story, I chose to make it into a movie because the plot was both exciting and mystifying. I knew this would be a fun proposal to write and a good story to adapt into a movie! The story, "A Rose for Emily" is full of possiblities for expanding it's literary elements! The mysterious plot, the symbolism, and the irony of the story was presented in such an intriguing way, that expanding them was a fairly swift process. I started by thinking how I could extend the plot, irony, and symbolism to develop the story into a full length film. In the original story, there was no background information that pertained to Emily's life; in my film, the audience is presented with such information. I expanded the story to include more symbolism and added childhood flashbacks that serve as building block for audiences' creative scenarios about the mysterious plot.

I enjoyed this assignment and am very excited about my proposal! I also liked this assignment beause it presented me with a challenge. My goal was to pitch my movie and persuade it to be turned into a full length production. After I proceeded to expand the plot of the story, ideas flooded my brain! I got so wrapped up in my film version, that I could visualize my movie as I wrote it!

Overall I liked writing my proposal for this assignment, but I did not always enjoy it. I found this assignment a little difficult at times. When the proposal was assigned to me, I started to write and develop a formal essay. After a little under halfway through the paper, I was unsure how to connect all of the parts and make them flow together. All of the parts that were requried were about the same movie, but I never figured out how to make smooth transitions within the paper. I thought the "characters" portion of this assignment would turn out to be a random part that did not really fit with the rest of the paper. After I started over, I developed a letter to the producer and then an attatchment of the portions of the movie. I am happy with the way I chose to complete this assignment and I hope you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment