Monday, June 1, 2009

Hi! My name is Kristie and I am a senior at TCU. I am 23 years old. Orgionally, I am from Villas Hills, KY, but I have lived in TX for the past 6 years. I am a bit of a nomad in that I have moved around quite a bit with my family. My family is currently lives in Brentwood, TN, but I stayed here to finish school. My major is Elementary Education (EC-4) with an empasis on special eduation. I love children and am currently looking for a teaching job within/around the metroplex.

I am taking this course because it satisfies a literary tradition requirement for TCU's core curriculum. I chose this particular course because it is called "Introduction to Fiction" and what I love reading most are fictitous novels or fictitous short stories. Previously, I have taken many literary courses! My favortie by far is a seminar I took here freshmen year: Hero's, Myths, and Harry Potter. The class was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it because I always have had an interest in reading stories about wizards, magic, and any other kind of mythological creatures. I am also a huge Harry Potter fan and it was very interesting to me to read, interpret, and analyze the series!

I do love to read! I must admit, I am more partial to reading in my spare time. It does take more to caputure my interest when the reading is required. In this class, I hope to accomplish a better understanding for the literature I love and perhaps unveil some more favortie stories! Something that might be helpful to know about me ais that I am very visual person. I like to have things right in front of me to highlight and make small notes in the margins. I also like to plan things out. I like to know things ahead of time and be "ontop" of things at all times.

I have thorougly read and understood all of the terms for this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment