Sunday, June 28, 2009

"A Worn Path"

In this story, I do not think Phoneix tells her story from the right state of mind. I think that this whole story is made up of thoughts in her head. When I read this story, my mind drove me to believe that Phoneix is on her dead bead and that she is having her last thoughts. I saw the plot of this story as a journey she is taking to rest and the path she is taking to get there. Phoenix's story led me to this conclusion because there were many pecular instances I thought were just figments of her imagination. For example, throughout the entire story (althought she does "talk" to some people) she talks to inhuman things. For example, on page 1545, she talks to the trees and asks them who they are watching. Another hint to my conclusion are all the instances when she tells readers (even though they can gather from the context) what she is doing. She does this several times almost like she is reminding herself what she is doing. Another thing that led me to beleive this about the story was when I read, "I bound to go to town, mister" "The time come around" on the top of page 1547. Phoenix's statement was another hint to death and that her time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment